About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Part 2 Costa Rica

I am not sure how many parts there are going to be - serves me right for taking so many photos.  But this just reflects the quality of bird watching in Costa Rica where we saw over 325 species of birds in two weeks, plus a few extra ones on our third week at Quepos.

Just a few Hummingbird shots from our first week, there will be a couple more hummers when I get further with the processing of the photos. (We saw a total of 25 species of Hummingbird)
Hummingbirds are so difficult to identify - male and female are completely different, plumage varies with age, and the way the sun catches them changes their colour, then the can fluff feathers up to flash various crests or gorgets which again change colour depending on the angle you look at them.
So some of these id's could be wrong - please let me know if you know the names are wrong (Yehudi!).
 Magnificent Hummingbird


 Magnificent Hummingbird


 Magnificent Hummingbird


Violet Headed Hummingbird


Fiery Throated Hummingbird
Fiery Throated Hummingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire