About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 4 December 2016

Kingfisher - Darlington

I decided to visit a Kingfisher haunt in Darlington that has held Kingfishers for a few years now and, I didnt have much time so it was the ideal day to visit this local patch.
At first the day was dull and not very promising but I decided to go anyway and was really glad that I did.
It took awhile to find a Kingfisher, the first view that I got was of one flying down river to the South and under a bridge, just as another photographer and I were mentioning that we had not seen the Kingfishers.
He left me, and only 20 minutes later I had picked up another Kingfisher that was obligingly sat in the, by now quite bright sunshine.
I quickly got my scope onto it and got these shots, before it flew a little further upriver, I took some more shots and was really pleased that I came to this spot.
The photos that I have got are some of my best ever shots of this fantastic little bird.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire