About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 21 November 2016

Long Eared Owl

The roost for the Long Eared Owl at Haverton is again occupied this winter.  Last year I saw only one Owl here, but on my first visit this year I saw three Owls, although two were almost completely hidden.
I need to compare the photos with last year to see if this is the same owl as last year, as it roosting on exactly the same branch of the same bush.
The Owl was totally relaxed and dozing for much of the time I was there.  One of the other Owls was wide awake, (I could see one eye looking at something straight ahead of it (not me).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire