About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 7 March 2016

Gambia Day 1

Got  settled in at the Kairaba Hotel, great views across the garden with a palm tree and 2 Acacicia trees in front of the balcony which is attracting all sorts of birds. The first bird photographed is this Black Wood Hoopoe.

Then a pair of Paradise Flycatchers landed really close.

 A gang of Yellow Billed Shrike were hunting the lawns from an Acacia Tree while Black Kites cruised just 20 feet up. A Broad Billed Roller perched on top of a tree


and a Yellow Fronted   Tinkerbird hopped about just below it. All this from my balcony in 30 minutes.
Above is the Shikra - quite a common bird of prey in the Gambia, but this is the only one we have seen so far
I think that this is the Village Weaver, but I am not certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire