About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 14 December 2015

Long Eared Owls

Long Eared Owls - Haverton
On Saturday morning I tried to beat the weather forecast and get some photos of the Owls before the rain and snow came.  It was dry as I set off but once I had located the Owls then the drizzle started which soon developed to heavy rain.
 I persisted and this week there were 3 Long Eared Owls, all sat in the same bush, one fast asleep, one half awake, and the third was alert and watching me, at first it was a little stretched out, (a bit stressed) but it relaxed.
I was there for about 5 minutes and I got photos of all 3 Owls and a bit of a video clip.  Conditions were dark, but at least they do not move and I could set a longer exposure on the camera.
As I left them it started to sleet heavily, and as I got home later we had our first proper cover of snow of the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire