About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 11 July 2015

Kingfisher - Clara Vale



I went in search of Kingfishers today knowing that this years young birds will be pretty much independent by know (or at least the 1st brood will).
I started off at Far Pasture, and there was no sign of any there with very little being reported recently.
There was a lone Heron fishing in the shallow pool and catching only small minnows.
I moved on to Clara Vale and after only about 15 minutes wait a young Kingfisher started fishing in all of the pools around the hide, giving exceptionally close view.
After about 20 minutes an adult female was at the furthers end of the main pool.  The young kingfisher was having no problem catching small fish and after about 30 minutes the older bird came up the pool and a chase ensued with both birds disappearing towards the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire