About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 22 February 2015

Green Iguanas

Green Iguanas are quite common around Puerto Vallarta (probably why they named the film " The night of the Iguana - a Burton and Taylor film made here).



They are quite fearsome looking and big too, probably growing up to 4 ft long or more.  The males get this interesting orange colour - a sign of maturity I think.  The head on some of them was also quite blue.

Most of these photos were taken at the harbour when we were waiting for our Whale Watching trip. Despite looking fierce they are vegetarian and mainly harmless and really quite approachable


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire