About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

A few birds from Puerto Vallarta in Mexico

I left the scope behind for this holiday, due to baggage constraints. So armed with my Canon SX50 I went in search of bird life.
Being pretty much in the centre of the city it was going to be difficult to get much bird life - or so I thought
Research on google maps before I went showed me a river about a mile to the north of the hotel. So a number of my early morning birding were at the river, although the path was a joggers highway there were plenty of birds around.
Yellow Winged Cacique were the most obvious, along with the tiny and busy Blue Grey Gnatcatchers which seemed to be everywhere.

I really wanted to see a Golden Cheeked Woodpecker, which on my second visit I saw 5 at various points on the walk.


A Rose Breasted Grosbeak was a surprise one morning and I manage to get a few photos before it went into denser bushes.

On my final day there I also saw this lovely Yellow Headed Grosbeak on a wire.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire