About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Goldcrests at South Gare

I spent Saturday morning at South Gare in the hope of migrants coming in, and for the Red Breasted Flycatcher that had been there all week
Of course when I turned up there was no sign of the flycatcher - a big bogey bird for me.
However there were some Goldcrests in the sycamores near Paddy's Hole.


There were perhaps 20 or birds there and were unbelievably approachable. At one stage I put my Canon SX 50 on macro and was around 5 inches away from the bird as it fed happily on small flies. They were really  not bothered by me (and other birders/photographers), and continued to feed, the only thing that was bothering them was the howling westerly winds - which also spoiled the influx of migrant birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire