About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 21 July 2014

More Owls

I found 2 families of Little Owl - heard another group and 2 families of Barn Owl all within a mile of each other - in fact a Little Owl family has been raised next to the Barn Owl nest tree.  So a good 3 hours watching these birds in action
 There were 3 Barnies in  a single huge oak tree - at least 1 a youngster
 Even though it saw me it was happy to sit there and pose and even sort its feathers out. Totally relaxed, unlike me. My heart was going 10 to the dozen
 One of the other owls was sat higher up but still great to see
The Little Owls were quite distracting when waiting for some other Barn Owls to appear, and it was so hard I actually missed the Barny as it came out of its hole and it flew down the hedgeback hunting
 The Little Owl is comical in the way they try to hide from you and peek through vegetation




No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire