About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Barn Owl show offs

BARN OWLS
Walking down in N Yorks with my birding buddy Pete, when we came across this very attractive Barn Owl sat in its hole in an old tree.  After a while it flew up into the tree and its mate came out and flew up the hedgeback.
We didn't hang around long and these shots were digiscope from about 50 yards away.Nice surprise though. Also saw another 3 Little Owls, 1 pair very close to this old tree and another about a mile away.
 
 Also 2 late cuckoos were sat and power cable sometimes dropping down presumably to eat caterpillars - both were male.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely stunning shots , spot on detail and backgrounds! I,d love to get shots like this

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire