About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 10 May 2014

Weardale Redstart & Green Woodpecker

I went up to Weardale on Thursday firstly to an area where I have been informed there are Green Woodpeckers.  Straight away I could hear one, it was in a lone tree about 50 yards away but could I heck find it. I walked closer and typically it flew across a stream and landed on a hill about 100 yards away.
I got it in the scope zoomed in and took these pics, record shots at best.
I need to work harder on these Woodies, I think there is 2 pair in this location.
I then went on to Tunstall woods, where I know there is at least 3 Redstart, 2 males and a female.
Conditions had turned dull and rain was in the air.
After about an hour this male came within range and lowish down. It has turned out better than I thought it would.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire