About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 26 May 2014

OSPREYS at Lockwood Beck

OSPREYS
At last I have got some half decent shots of Ospreys at Lockwood beck. I tried to get them on Saturday but the fog was so bad that there was only about 30  yards visibility.  I did see an Osprey a few times though.  But today it was brilliant sunshine, so I got up early and tried again.
There were 2 Ospreys there to start with, however one departed, possibly to Scaling Dam as I saw one there later on.  The remaining Osprey put on a great show, posing on tree tops and fishing.  It wasn't too successful at the latter though and often came up without a fish.
More pictures to come later


3 comments:

  1. Superb shots, the detail on these shots are brilliant. To get shots like this in England is tremendous! Very envious! Cheers Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers guys, the Osprey is a poser, let's hope that it is a pair deciding to make Lockwood Beck home.

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire