About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Update from Canopy Lodge, Panama

Unfortunately I have not been able to keep this holiday updat very up to dat. This is mainly due to the   Highly intensive birding. There just isn't time.
We are now at the Canopy Lodge after an amazing week in the Canopy Tower, only this morning there was a Mississippi Kite migration of over 4000 birds - what an amazing sight.
Other highlights have included, Spectacled Owl, Rufous Nightjar, Grey Chacalacas, a hummingbird garden with 100' s of birds constantly in the garden which include 15 species, armadillos, Olingo, Porcupine, agoutis,Basilisk Lizard, crocodile, Cayman, Amazon Kingfisher and loads of species of Tanagers.
it is cooler here at the lodge but is still hot.  An armadillo has just walked by as I am writing this.  Amazing. I don't think I can send pics from here so will attach them from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire