About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Home from Panama

Finally I arrived home after a very long flight and wait.
The Canopy Lodge where we were at in our final week was not ideal for updating my blog and it was difficult to get photographs attached.
So now I will publish some of the photographs with brief comments on them. Certainly it will not ba full photo log of what I have seen or photographed, I saw over 330 species of bird in the 2 weeks that I was in Panama, thanks to some fantastic guiding by Alexis Sanchez of the Canopy Tower group.
The photos are predominantly of birds but there are some mammals and reptiles thrown in too.

BIRDS FROM THE CANOPY TOWER AREA
One of the first birds that we saw on Semaphore Hill was this smashing Black Breasted Puffbird, it was perched quite high up but thanks to the digiscope I managed to  get a decent shot of it
 There were 4 kinds Trogan that we saw the first of which was this Black Throated Trogan also seen on Semaphore Hill
 This beautiful Broad Billed Motmot on the world famous Pipeline Road was sat over the trail and was really quite approachable, most of the other Motmots that I saw were perched in deep shade, so this was a nice treat.  The Pipeline Road holds the world record for the highest number of species seen in 1 day.
 Below is the stunning Red Backed Tanager - this is a male but the females are still a brightly coloured bird.  This was at the Ammo dump pond, where there were absolutely loads of species of birds and it took about an hour and a half to move 20 yards away from the Canopy bus that transported us to  this site - it was so good.

To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire