About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 17 February 2014

Grey Partridge - Teesdale

I went up to Teesdale hoping to find some lekking Black Grouse, however the Black Grouse were all just feeding, grazing in their usual areas.
However I did find a covey of 12 Grey Partridges grazing a field where the grass was clear of snow. The tops of the hills looked in deep snow.
The Partridges were scampering across the snow until they reached an area of grass which they would go across in a feeding frenzy then scamper to the next patch of grass and so on.
I used the car as a hide and the birds came quite close.  These are the first decent pics I have got of a Grey Partridge.
Also saw a buzzard back on its territory after an absence over the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire