About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 5 October 2013

Gran Canaria - Hoopoes

The birding in Gran Canaria was disappointing this year, weather was very hot which made the birds very skulky.
I did see Hoopoe a few times and on one occasion had one feeding around my feet (well just about).
Another bird I tried hard for was the Sardinian Warbler and although there were a good number about, trying to get one in out in the open was extremely difficult. I did manage a couple of record shots


Other birds seen were Southern Grey Shrike, Green Sandpiper, Little Egret, Yellow Legged Gull, Kestrel, Canary, Monks Parrot, Ring Necked Parakeet. Kentish Plover, Little Ringed Plover, Cory Shearwater, Spanish Sparrow, Chiffchaff and I believe a Leach's Petrel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire