About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Friday, 17 May 2013

Wryneck - South Gare

A couple more photos of the Wryneck at South Gare.  Because I am on crutches for a while I am unable to carry the digiscope gear around (bound to trip myself up).  So these photos were taken with my Canon Powershot SX50, and I am pleased with the results.
I have put the camera onto its superfine settings and I think that the photos are quite acceptable.
If I had used the digiscope I think that this bird may have been too close, I would have liked the chance to try it though.
The Wryneck kept coming out to the same area, presumably there was an ants nest there.
See the video below by clicking on the link.
Wryneck Video on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire