About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Thursday, 16 May 2013

Wryneck at South Gare

I am back on crutches with a pot on my leg, but still managed to a lift to South Gare, and it just so happened that there was a stunning Wryneck there.  It was very confiding and not too far for me to hobble along to.
It went into the middle of a bush for a time, until a weasle went into the same bush. The Wryneck shot up out of the bush and landed on the very top, giving great views as it kept out of the way of the weasel

This is a bird that I have wanted a photo of for so long, and what a stunner

3 comments:

  1. My bogie bird..........pleased the Weasel didn't get to enjoy it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me for swearing!

    Bloody hell amazing find / what fabulous images of a stunning bird / these are pictures to die for /
    On your local patch nearly as well / MASSIVE BONUS BIRD/ Well done mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I am on crutches I can't really manage the digiscope gear as well, so these were taken on the Canon SX50, and had it on the superfine setting. Cheers Pete, Colin

      Delete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire