About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 27 April 2013

Yellow Wagtails

I had a trip over to Bishop Middleham with my mate Pete to see Yellow Wagtails, and we were onto them very quickly as they were feeding in the sprouting corn fields.
 The wind was still difficult for digiscoping as it was making the scope vibrate a lot, but I managed a few shots with scope and more with the Canon SX50. There were double figures of Yellow Wagtails around here plus half a dozen Wheatear.
After lunch we headed up to the high ground Weardale, hoping to see Ring Ouzels, however the weather had taken a major turn for the worse.  It was only 1 degree with snow showers blowing sideways.  I saw a couple of Ouzels flying but as Pete headed up the gill it was thudering and snowy - he did not find any more Ouzels.
By this time my ankle had given up as we headed to another site, Pete went exploring some more and found double figures of Ring Ouzels.
We also saw a stunning pair of Golden Plovers close to the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire