About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Yellow Wagtails & Channel Wagtail

This morning I decided to concentrate solely on the Yellow Wagtails at Bishop Middleham. The weather was perfect and good numbers of birds were showing (probably around 20 birds).

They were in the corn fields feeding, on the walls, in the bushes, and on the path.
I managed to run the camera battery dry on photos but not before finding a lovely Channel Wagtail.
These are very similar to the Blue Headed Wagtail and are a sub species of the Yellow.
Also there were 4 Wheatear, and a few Skylarks and Meadow Pipits around as well as a White Wagtail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire