About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 7 April 2013

Crossbills - Tilery Wood

I couldn't decide where to go this morning, and ended up going to Tilery Wood to try and find the Crossbills.
 As soon as I got to the scout hut I could see seeds dropping from the conifers and a quick look showed a female Crossbill hanging upside down feeding. They were a little way back in the wood which meant digiscoping her. After a little while the male and a young bird came to the front of the tree.
Eventually a pheasant flew past and put a total of six birds up out of the tree, and 10 minutes later some came down to a pool to drink briefly before a dog walker put them up.
Very nice to see

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire