About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 11 March 2013

More Black Grouse - in the snow this time

I still havent caught the grouse lekking this year, not surprised today, it was just on the limits of not being able to get there. All of the high moor roads were closed.  On the way up here I helped a lady who had put her car into the hedge back - car totalled.  Good deed for the day.

The grouse looked good in the snow and again they came quite close to me. They were kicking the snow out of the way to get to there breakfast.  There was some show of animosity amongst them - but they were more interested in feeding than scrapping.

There were also 2 Kingfishers at Low Barns - a male and female.  The female has been there all winter. But this is the first time I have seen a male there for 4 or 5 months.  A good sign of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire