About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 10 February 2013

More Bittern at Low Barns

Bittern at Low Barns -  again
I went to see if the Bittern was still there at Low Barns, and after only 10 minutes I found it feeding in the grass between the reed beds.  The light was duller today than last week and the Bittern was preoccupied with feeding and barely raised its head.
This made it very difficult to see let alone photograph and sometimes the only clue to its location was the grass or reeds were moving slightly.
It did fly up very briefly to move to a different reed bed then dissappeared from view.
Great to see still though.

On the way home I saw 5 Fieldfare feeding in a field close to the road and took these photos with the Canon SX40

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Bittern images in your last post. How's things on the incapacity front ? Still improving i hope.

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire