About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Slavonian Grebe

Slavonian Grebe - Hartlepool 
This is the second attempt to get the Slavonian Grebe at Hartlepool, no problem in getting to see it- its just the conditions - Sunday it was as if the light had been sucked out the area and today was marginally better. Very difficult for digiscoping - as if a Grebe isnt hard enough with all its ducking and diving sheessh.  Whinge over.

It is the first time I have been close to a Slav Grebe and they are stunning in the winter coat, would be even better in their summer plummage.  I had to whack the ISO up to 800 to get these shots so they are a little grainy, but is a real test for the Sony RX100 camera.
At last I am driving again, but still hobbling about like a golem - but real progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire