About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 1 December 2012

Last Post Until January 2013

More Waxwings Dec 1st
This will probably be my last post until January 2013 due to an operation.

I deliberately went out to try and get better Waxwing shots today, and there were 9 showing well at RSPB Saltholme although they were constantly being disturbed by visitors - it was a Xmas event with reindeer at the reserve.



Yesterday I also got these nice Black Grouse shots in Teesdale, I got quite close to them until they walked over the brow of a hill. It was a beautiful cold morning of minus 4 degrees and the grouse seemed to love it.


Happy Christmas to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the operation goes well. Look forward to more cracking images in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Johnny, it's not the operation that's a worry, it's the 6 weeks not being able to get out and take photos. Have a good Xmas

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire