About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Friday, 7 September 2012

Kingfisher


I decided to have one final attempt to see the kingfishers at Low Barns for the year. Today they showed really well on and off for about an hour and half.  There were 2 flying about chasing each other, however it was mainly the female that was coming to the perches, catching fish and bashing them before swallowing them head first. 

At one point the Kingfisher swallowed a Stickleback then was having obvious problem getting it down, it then regurgitated the fish and continued to bash it on the branch - I asume to remove the spines on the fish.  All of these were digiscoped apart from the flying shot below
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire