About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 18 August 2012

Osprey - Lockwood Beck

After 3 years of trying for the Osprey at Lockwood Beck Resevoir as it passes through I eventually struck lucky today.  Unlike other years the Osprey has decided to stay for over a week now, which has given me opportunity to see it.

There were 2 Ospreys showing today, and were calling to each other at times as they put on stunning views both as flight shots and perching in trees and posts.



This is the first real good photos I have had of these birds and the digiscope far out performed my Canon SX40 HS on the stationary shots, but the Canon came into its on the flight shots, however I must have caught the ISO button and the setting was at ISO800, which meant grainy shots. I am over the moon today with eventually seeing the Osprey.

SEE VIDEO LINK - Osprey 1 Lockwood Beck and Osprey2 Lockwood Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire