About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Thursday, 9 August 2012

Green Woodpecker

Click for Green Woodpecker video clip

Had a visit to RSPB headquarters in Sandy yesterday, where I was hoping to see one of the Hobby pair that are supposed to be raising young ones.  I never saw them, possibly heard one off in the distant, however the Green Woodpeckers more than made up for it and some very careful sneaky stalking on one of them gained great results with the digiscope.

The peckers were mainly around the hide area and to the lawns just past there but there were plenty of others about - saw 8 Green Woodpeckers and heard more. Apart from a nesting Spotted Flycatcher - second brood, and a Mistle Thrush there was very little about. (Today a Honey Buzzard has been reported there - typical).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire