About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Teesdale Common Buzzards

Went to see if a buzzard family had fledged at a nest site and it looks as though they took off either yesterday or today, one was not so confident, and was on the ground, I stayed about 30 yards away and digiscoped some great shots and it stayed nonchalant.  Eventually it managed to get on a dead  branch then up onto a wall then into the trees, where it took off successfully.  A lamb was curious enough to go right up to it, I could just imagine the buzzard saying " you dont scare me, I could have you for breakfast".

I have tried for four or five years to see the fledged youngsters at fairly close range at this site, I check to see if the buzzards are in the territory in March/April, then I do not go back until at least mid June to avoid any disturbance, this year it has paid off.  The young will now very quickly start to broaden their territory.
I also got close to a nice Curlew, these were very active and vocal today, and even buzzed the buzzards.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Buzzard shots it is difficult to beat local knowledge! The detail in your shots are stunning especially the second one. It is great when patience and determination is rewarded. You should publish a book

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire