About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 23 July 2012

Little Owl and Spotted Flycatcher

Found this nice Little Owl in a quarry on Sunday, as usual with these birds they always seem to stare right through you.
I then went to Satley to try and see the Turtle Dove, and although I could hear it, I couldnt see it in the thick foliage. I also got distracted with a Spotted Flycatcher nest in the church.  The young ones decided to fledge as I was watching and I just timed a video nicely as the first one left the nest.  It was great to watch them leave the nest one by one -  only 3 three in the nest - I think unless some left before I got there.
CLICK FOR VIDEO - Spotted Flycatcher Fledging



1 comment:

  1. Great video what bril timing, footage to be very pleased with. Just proves all our trips out pay off. Quite surprised how open the nest site is. Lucky the Maggis didn't find them.

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire