About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 28 May 2012

Fewston Area

I went out of my local area to just an area just outside Harrogate with my mate Pete to try and get some good Redstart and Pied Flycatcher shots.  We fairly quickly saw a Redstart, but this was the only pair we saw all day, 2 years ago this place was full of Redstarts, this year it was full of Pied Flycatcher and Spotted Flycatchers,  we bothmanaged good shots of the Pied Flys. A bonus for me was a Tree Pipit, which was in the top of a tree near to the  Redstarts - although it was obscured by leaves the shots were quite useable.  Again it was another opportunity to try and get used to my new camera.



The shots above were digiscoped and the shots below were with Canon HS40

1 comment:

  1. Like the tree pipit shot. The scope shots look a little better but the camara shots are also good cheers

    ReplyDelete

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire