About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 26 February 2012

Yet more Crossbills

I repayed a visit to Hamsterley Forest to try and get some more pics of Crossbills since yesterdays were nothing to shout about and again there were loads about. Better light today too, the wind was increasing all morning. I saw 2 male Goshawks (or same one twice), and thought one perched in a tree not far away, but cyclists came along path and disturbed it. Good sighting though.
The Crossbills appeared to be collecting nesting material, and 1 came down to a muddy pool to drink from too
End of Crossbill purge - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire