About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 19 February 2012

Hartlepool and Saltholme Feb 12th

Went to Saltholme again to and saw the Water Rail - probably the most photographed bird around. Also saw Fieldfare and a distant Short Eared Owl.

Then up to Hartlepool fish quay to see the white winged gulls, however the quay gates were shut so I resorted to going to the side and eventually the Kumliens Gull landed quite close to. This is a first for me and I would not have recognised it as such if I had not been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire