About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Waxwing Dec 24th



I went up to Jarrow to see the Waxwings, so far this year these have been the closest and largest flock to turn up. Its at least 4 years running the Waxwings have visited this site at Jarrow which is on a housing estate, and a it feels a little awkward taking photos there although I am sure the locals are used to it


There were about 80 Waxwings which would occaisionally come down from the tree tops to gorge on the berries, but when they did this it meant pointing the camera directly at someones house!! The light was poor apart from about 3 minutes when it got brighter and it was windy - not easy to digiscope in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire