About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Bishop Middeham - More Short Eared Owls

Had a walk to Castle Lake at Bishop Middleham this afternoon, I went to the hide first to see if I could locate where the owls were.
It was very misty and light levels were low so it took some seeing but eventually I located them about a mile away. So I went for a walk to get closer, when I got there I saw one sat on a fencepost about 120 yards away then 2 more flew over the rough grass and were interacting together - not sure if they were displaying or scrapping. I saw a total of 5 all at once. Didnt really try to get closer as I think they would have been disturbed.


1 comment:

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire