About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Red Breasted Goose - Scaling Dam

Red Breasted Goose



Had a trip to Whitby today calling in first at Lockwood Beck where there were 3 Crossbill in the tops of the trees and a flock of Goldfinch.

Then onto Scaling Dam where there was a Red Breasted Goose in amongst the Grey Lags and Canada Geese. Luckily it was close in front of the hide feeding and walking between the sleepy Grey Lags. There are no rings on it and it is the right time for them to occur - although they are rare. But an escapee is also not ruled out - although I would expect that to be ringed. Also a Buzzard over the moor just hanging in the wind for ages


At Whitby there was a smashing Red Throated Diver between the piers and swimming quite close to the pier - but as it was a shopping trip - I didnt take my camera with me - mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire