About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Glossy Ibis and Snow Geese

I had two firsts for me today at Saltholme. Firstly the Glossy Ibis which fed happily behind the fire station then later from the Phil Stead hide where it posed, washed and stretched itself.



Then I went down to see the Snow Geese on West Saltholme where they were sat amongst the Grey Lag Geese. They are such a tidy bird.


Earlier I had been to South Gare where the only migrant birds in were a Brambling and 5 Tree Sparrows in the Shrike Bushes quite unusual at this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire