About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 9 July 2011

Wykeham Forest and Scarborough

Sunday 26th June

Had a trip to Wykeham Forest to see if I could see Honey Buzzard, I spotted a Goshawk and 4 Common Buzzards and an unidentified Buzzard (some thought it was the Honey, but I think that was just hopeful thinking), I decided to go to Scarborough to see the Peregrines. There were too many people at Wykeham for me - all just chatting and not watching.

However the Peregrines put on a great show - the young ones had fledged earlier in the week so they were all over the cliffs. I set up my scope and took some photos, and let some tourist check out the birds through my scope - they were all amazed and inquisitive about the digiscoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire