About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 9 July 2011

Teesdale Buzzards

2nd July Teesdale - undisclosed site




I knew that this was the week for some buzzards I have been keeping a track of to fledge. As usual the adults spotted me coming from a long way off - just difficult getting close to them. And they were all I saw for a couple of hours, then I heard a young one call from further up the wood, then another called - and circled above me - I think they just fledged at that moment, one landed about 20 yards from but I couldnt quite see for the trees.

The adults were perched across the valley calling them, I decided to retreat and watch from a distance. I managed some photos from 150 yards away of the adult on the rocks and tried for some flying shots.

Not bad but I am still not too impressed with my fuji HS10 camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire