About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 10 July 2011

Little Terns, Black Tailed Godwits and Fox

Saturday 9th July


Went to Crimdon beach first to see the Little Tern colony, whic is more succesful this year than last and was busy with adult birds bringing fish for the young birds all the time.



They fly so fast its very difficult to get them in the view finder - I ended up dizzy trying to follow them. But it was good to watch the way they hover to locate the young bird before dropping down to feed it.


Then I went down to Saltholme to see Bar Headed Goose (probable escapee), Black Tailed Godwit and Greenshank, the Godwits are in there finest colours at the moment and it was interesting to see how they flicked the mud out of their beaks to seperate the food from mud.

On my way out there was a fox in the car park which decided to come within 4 feet of me, to pick a bone up off the ground and it then happily crunched it - I was not in a hide and it is not a town fox although it does seem an extrordinarily bold fox. It was the highlight of the morning


No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire