About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Thursday, 9 June 2011

Isle of Mull - day 5

Had a walk in the north of Mull today., through woodland down to the cliffs overlooking Coll. there are Golden Eagles nesting on the cliffs here somewhere but didn't see them. saw Buzzard and Raven and spent time trying to get a photo of a wren singing. One of the fields had a highland bull in it, so I decided to get closer for a photo - big mistake,as it started trotting towards me I decided it was better to retreat to a safer distance. Went to see the Hen Harriers again ( only 5 mile from the hotel) saw both male and female but only briefly as the female returned to the nest and the male soared high and out of sight to hunt for more food. Highlight was 2 unexpected White Tailed Sea Eagles flying over. Last day tomorrow - going to try for photos of some Eagles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire