About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Isle of Mull - day 3

Woke up to rain this morning and it stayed that way on and off all day. Looked hard for otters today with no success, apart from The remains of a dead otter, I guess it had been killed by an eagle, very few other predators on the island. That was at Grasspoint, where I also saw White Tailed Sea Eagle, and 2 Golden Eagles, 2 Buzzards and 11 Red Deer. due to the weather I spent most of the day in the car, driving through the mountains to the other side of the island. Saw 2 nice ravens and managed to digiscope one of them before another downpour hit. Saw another Sea Eagle at Loch Na Keal. Then I went back to see the Hen Harriers at the same place I saw them last night. the first bird I saw was a nice Short Eared Owl, it must have flown over the Hen Harriers nest as both male and female flew up to have a go at the owl. the male and owl continued to harass each other and the female went back down. Eventually the male retired to a rock - in open view but at least half a mile away. When the weather is better I will spend more time at this site. Tomorrow is whale and dolphin watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire