About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 6 June 2011

Isle of Mull - day 2

Had a wildlife tour around central and north of Mull today. Started off with Common Seals just south of Aros park. Then saw 3 Red deer in a field, the stag was in velvet. Next we went over Loch Na Keal, this is where there is a White Tailed Sea Eagle nest and a tourist boat throws a fish out for the bird. The eagle was flying as we arrived and it went down to the boat and got it's fish then back to the wood. A female sat in the tree all of the time. in much the same area we saw Great Northern Diver and Black Guillemot. then up into the mountains where we saw 2 very distant Golden Eagles. there were many Wheatears and Meadow Pipits on the tour. The highlight of the tour was at our last stop. 2 different Golden Eagles but closer, a couple of Buzzards but best of all I spotted a male Hen Harrier and it food passed to a female. it continued to fly around about 200yard away for about 5 minutes before landing just out of sight behind a tree. What an end to a good tour. back in Tobermory, 2 Peregrines wer flying around. I wish I could put my photos on here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire