About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Nightingale - Cowpen Bewley

Nightingale





Went to see /listen to the Nightingale at Cowpen Bewley this morning not really expecting to see it as it been hiding so well. However after 10 minutes I located it sat in a willow tree. It sang wonderfully for nearly half an hour before dropping down into the bush.



video


What a star and such a rarity in County Durham.

Then went on to Saltholme, saw Yellow Wagtails, Greenshank, Goldeneye, and Common Tern.

Then up to Greatham Creek to see how the Avocet are doing where the Lapwings were bullying the Avocets, because the Lapwings had chick wandering around, normally the Avocet is the aggressor however many of them were still sat on the nests.
Then up to Crimdon Beach where I saw about 40 Little Terns - they were flying really high up to start with calling all the time, then they settled on the edge of the sea for a while before some went to the breeding area. Lets hope they get a chance to breed succesfully this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire