About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Warblers all over the place

Had the aim of seeing a Yellow Wagtail today, but first went to Dormans pool to see if I could see a Grasshopper Warbler, as soon as I was out of the car I could here loads of Sedge Warblers, its great to see them back each year. One posed nicely for me about 25 yards away.









I walked further and could here a Grasshopper Warbler "reeling" but couldnt see it. Waited about 15 minutes then it appeared at the top of a bramble bush.






Its the first I have seen for a couple of years. Their song is so difficult to hear - its high pitched and fast. Had a quick look for the Cettis Warbler but no sign.


Saw a smashing Stonechat about 15 yards away - posing as usual at the top of a bush.


Then went to Seaton Common to try and find Yellow Wagtail - eventually saw one about 30 yards away but as soon as I got out of the car it took off. Its early yet though


Then to Hurworth Burn - last year it was good for Yellow Wags, but never saw any today, there were lots people and cylists about too. There were loads of Willow Warblers though and Yellowhammers


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire