About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Caerlaverock and Dumfries and Galloway


Had a good weekend at Caerlaverock with the Low Barns Photography Group at the weekend. Went to have a walk around a loch north of Laurieston and saw my first Red Squirrel cross the path and two more at the bird hide feeders- nice to see. Also saw buzzard, nuthatch, and Marsh Tit along with the more common tits. Then went down to see the Red Kites at the feeding station. The birds were coming in from the south which made photography very difficult, although it did start to rain and the kites then perched in the trees till the rain stopped - this allowed a good digiscoping opportunity.
Then went on to Caerlaverock where we stopped overnight. 2 Badgers and a fox showed really close to the farmhouse observetory. An early morning on Sunday gave great views of Roe Deer, and of course thousands of Barnacle Geese, I managed a very distant 250 yards record shot of a buzzard - but poor quality. Other birds included - Yellowhammer, teal, wigeon, shelduck, Black Tailed Godwit, Whooper Swans. A good weekend all in all
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire