About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Saturday, 29 January 2011

Black Grouse & Mink, Teesdale

Teesdale



Had an early start to see the Black Grouse up Teesdale. It was minus 5 up there and I was surprised to see snow on the ground. The grouse took some finding but I eventually found them, in a different location to usual, but probably the same group of grouse.


The grouse were fairly close to the car which enabled me to get some decent digiscope shots of them. (normally these birds are really tough). I spent an hour and half watching them, and they were still there feeding when I left.



Then down to Low Barns, all the usual tits were there, plus goldcrest, lesser redpoll, and sparrowhawk.


Down by the river near the hide I saw something swim across the river out the corner of my eye. I moved down the bank a little and saw a mink. It kept smelling the air as if it new I was there but I watched it for 5 minutes before it moved off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire