About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Monday, 13 December 2010

Saltholme

Water Rails

Went to Teesmarshes area specifically to see the Merlin and Woodcock. The Merlin had been reported at Seaton Snook all week, as I was walking out to the Snook I heard this skylark call above me looked and saw the Merlin chasing it around and it eventually caught it - typically I had scope over my shoulder and camera round my neck so I missed a great shot - good to see though.


At the snook there were Twite, RB mergansers, Grey Plover. But no woodcock - moved on to Saltholme in hope of the Water Rails, two were showing very well in front of hide so got super photos of them and reed buntings, also Skylark about but little else - didnt go to other hides as all lakes were still frozen over. Peregrine was also on the Power Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire