About Me

My photo
I have been digiscoping for around 18 years now and through persistence and good equipment I am getting great results. I use a Swarovski 80hd spotting scope and a Sony RX100 camera which has just replaced my old faithful Nikon P5100. The majority of my bird watching takes place in County Durham in England which has a variety of different habitats from coast to moors. Digiscoping is great because it allows me to get good photos without disturbing birds. VIEW THE LATEST PHOTOBOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

Sunday, 7 November 2010

Waxwing, Middlesbrough


Went to Skippers Lane in Middlesbrough today to see if there were any Waxwings left there, after a brief search I found 5 sat in the top of a tree - there had been up to 70 reported here the day before! A nice bright day meant that the light was perfect to get some good shots, they did periodically drop down onto the rowan berries but never for long.



There are reports of waxwings all over the country - and its still early November, it looks like being another Waxwing Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs

Digiscoping Blog By Colin Severs
Barn Owl in North Yorkshire